Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] MS-BITS and MS-Branchcache parsers.

From: "Christopher R. Hertel" <crh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:42:40 -0500
I was told on IRC that this was the right place to post my request, so...

I am working on implementations of the Microsoft BITS Upload Protocol and
the Microsoft BranchCache Content Information (PeerDist) extension for
HTTP[S].  To my knowledge, Wireshark does not yet have parsers for these
protocols.

I believe that writing such parsers would be fairly straight forward for
someone familiar with Wireshark parser coding.  The BITS Upload Protocol is
a simple extension to HTTP 1.1, and the PeerDist download format is also
fairly simple.

If there is someone willing to write the wireshark parsers, I will provide
whatever help I can.  As mentioned, I'm implementing these beasts so I am
familiar with them.  I'm currently taking the raw hex output from Wireshark
and manually parsing it, so I do know what goes where.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh@xxxxxxxxx