Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Sending packets within wireshark

From: Veysel Harun Sahin <harunsahin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 15:37:57 +0300
Hi all,

I am currently writing a tap application in wireshark on Windows7. At
some point I need to send some packets from my tap application. For
this purpose I included pcap.h to my source, opened the device with
pcap_open_live and used pcap_sendpacket to send the packet.
Unfortunately I got the following error during the linking phase.

Linking wireshark.exe
        link @C:\Users\veysel\AppData\Local\Temp\nmAEFE.tmp
libui.lib(pn_dcp_stat.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pcap_sen
dpacket referenced in function _pndcpstat_send_button_clicked
wireshark.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BI
N\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

I will be happy if any developer can help me about this problem or in
general about sending packets within wireshark.

Thanks in advance,
Veysel Harun