Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TCP dissect issue when app-level message spans multiple TCP

From: "Fernandez, Rafael" <Rafael.Fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:39:30 -0500
OK. This function returns exactly the same as yours. The rest of the code in there for debugging purposes. I appreciate you trying to help me but you are focusing in wireshark coding standards and lines that do not have anything to do with the issue I am experiencing. The issue is the following:

In epan/dissectors/packet-tcp.c-tcp_dissect_pdus():
line 1993: get_pdu_len returns 322. Sets plen to 322.
line 2053-2061: length_remaining is 144. Thus (length_remaining < plen) is true. Sets pinfo->desegment_offset and pinfo->desegment_len. tcp_dissect_pdus returns.

In my_dissector.c:
1. Once tcp_dissect_pdus returns, dissect_message returns.
2. dissect_message gets called soon after and calls tcp_dissect_pdus again.

In packet-tcp.c-tcp_dissect_pdus:
Line 1993: get_pdu_len gets called again. It read 4 bytes starting from the 178th (322-144) byte of the application message. Thus, it returns a garbage size.

Don't you think there is an issue with this?