Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] (no subject)

From: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:01:20 -0400

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70@xxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Anders,

I'm feeling a bit silly here, since "wireshark trunk" only makes sense to me in using the trunk-branch of wireshark to do that and I have found three of those
   * 1.5 (unstable) trunk
   * 1.4 (stable) trunk
   * 1.2 (old stable) trunk

But unfortunately I'm unable to find out what you really mean. Sorry.

1.5 is the 'next' version where all new features are being added and tested (and thats why its unstable)
1.4 is the 'current' release tree - bug fixes only (thats why its stable)
1.2 was the 'previous' stable version