Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Adding Files to Wireshark (new developer)

From: "Palleske, Carsten" <cp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:37:04 +0200
Hello all,

- I've got Windows and I've got MS-VS 2010 Pro.
- I downloaded Source-Code for Wireshark v1.44.
- I downloaded CygWin and Perl and a bunch of tools and got them installed.
- After getting used to the makefiles and stuff I got wireshark
compiled. No details about that, since I'm not used to Makefile-driven
development.
- I can debug Wireshark from VS2010

Ok, this is how far I got without help.

Now I got into Wireshark and found the point that I want to change or
add something to. Specifically I want to have a little pop-up asking for
a number at a given point of code from within tap-rtp-common.c
So I got down to wrote some minor dialog (ugh... got to get used to gtk
development as well) and tried to compile. Naturally I got unresolved
externals, since what I had written hadn't even been compiled. So I went
looking for tap-rtp-common.c/h in all text files, since that's really
the only file that I'll call into my little dialog anyway. I found
tap-rtp-common.c/h was mentioned in ...\Wireshark\Makefile.common and in
...\Wireshark\CMakeLists.txt. So I went right into those and added my
newly created .c and .h files in there.
Now I get
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: "....obj" konnte nicht erstellt werden
Stop.

That's a bit odd, since it seems to be enough for tap-rtp-common.c/h.
Anyway - what did I miss? Where do I have to tell the Make-utility to
compile my stuff? It doesn't even give any syntax or other c-related error.

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you.
Regards,
Carsten.