Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Building when both python versions 2 and 3 are present

From: ptchinster <ptchinster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:30:26 -0400
Greetings,

I am the maintainer for the svn version of wireshark in the Arch Linux
User Repo (AUR). Arch has both python version 2 and 3 in its main
repos (package 'python' is v3 and package 'python2' is v2, as many
packages still require version 2).

When a system only has python2 installed i can easily build wireshark.
However, if python (v3) is also installed, the build will fail as it
attempts to use the /usr/bin/python interpreter, which is of course v3
of python.

Is there a way to *force* the location of python to be
/usr/bin/python2 ? I've tried several different ways with configure's
--with-python flag but have been unsuccessful so far.

-ptchinster

--
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." --Carl Sagan
"Keep on rockin' in the free world." -- Neil Young