Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 36193: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:42:10 -0400
But the entire encapsulated IP header is present, correct?  So it should be possible to verify the encapsulated IP header checksum, shouldn't it?

In the bug report I filed, the IP header was correctly identified as incorrect because it was.  But the key there was that it could be correctly verified since the encapsulated IP header was present; therefore disallowing that verification was the wrong thing to do, as Stig realized and backed out the patch.

If I'm still not understanding correctly, for my own benefit, maybe you could post a small capture file depicting the situation?
- Chris