Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Different wireshark behaviour on Linux as on Windows

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:37:08 +0100
Hello

Sorry for the late reply, but work took over.

Taking your concerns into consideration, I changed the setup a little
bit. With Bugs #5751 and Bugs #5752 I added two patches, which add
heuristic sub-dissectors to both EPL and SercosIII dissectors. As a
side-effect, I cleaned the EPL dissector a little bit.

With this change, I do not need to register a second protocol to an
ethernet frame address, therefore preventing the whole issue with the
dissector selection.

Also, I will add my dissector by today, just have to clear it up a
bit, before transmission. With that, it will be clearer, what the
dissector has to achieve.

kind regards, Roland Knall