Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Eliminate annoying color filter dialog

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:23:28 +0000 (UTC)
Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@...> writes:

> What about spewing a warning to stdout like we do when we find a
> preference we don't know/understand?  (Just so there's _some_ log of the
> "failure".)

My own preference is to just get rid of them altogether, but I guess I can see
the potential benefit for others.  That's definitely better than having to click
"OK" on all those dialogs before you can even use Wireshark.  Most users (on
Windows at least) won't see them anyway, but they would be available for those
that care.

I committed this change in revision 36173:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/color_filters.c?r1=36173&r2=36172&pathrev=36173