Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] PDB Files

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:40:16 +0100
Am 20.11.2010 10:44, schrieb Semjon:
Hi,

it seems as if the bison command fails maybe there's something wrong with it
(bison not installed/PATH not set)?

btw the setup process is described quite good here:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html
I think sed installation isn't mentioned explicitely because it should be
installed by cygwin-installer by default, but it's mentioned in point 2.2.7
Verify installed tools.
There is also mentioned that you probably have to rename your link.exe.

Semjon

         bison  -d -p ascend ascend.y -o ascend.c
/usr/bin/bison: m4 subprocess failed

Well, bison tells me, that some subprocess has failed, so bison seems to be installed. I followed the process, including verify_tools, see below.

Andy

----<>-----<>-----<>-----<>-----<>-----<>-----<>-----<>-----<>-----

$ nmake -f Makefile.nmake verify_tools

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08

Checking for required applications:
cl: /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/BIN/cl link: /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/BIN/link nmake: /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/BIN/nmake
        mt: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.0A/bin/mt
        bash: /usr/bin/bash
        bison: /usr/bin/bison
        flex: /usr/bin/flex
        env: /usr/bin/env