Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 34269: /trunk/tools/ /trunk/tools/:

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:08:02 -0400
ronnie sahlberg wrote:
Yeah, there is a whole bunch of references to it.
Since it was static in the generated file and declared extern in the header
file this makes it not compile on some systems

Unless I'm missing something there are no longer any references to sminmpec_values in the Wireshark sources (trunk) other than in sminmpec.c itself.

I changed the references to sminmpec_values in the various dissectors and etc to reference sminmpec_values_ext a while back.

Also the extern declaration of sminmpec_values in sminmpec.h has been replaced by an extern declaration of sminmec_values_ext.

So: I believe that sminmpec_values can be declared as static.

Could the issue you are noticing be that some sources (those which #include sminmpec.h) need to be recompiled ?? :)

Bill