Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] LTE over AAL2

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:03:35 -0700
On Sep 28, 2010, at 3:44 AM, k3.sail@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>        I have a similar problem. I want to be able to capture packets received from an ATM card. Is there a documentation available how-to enhance libpcap to be able to decode higher level messages in Wireshark (e.g. receiving AAL-2 packets from the ATM card driver, reassembling the framing protocol and sending RLC/MAC frames to wireshark or something like this)?

The only documentation is in a bunch of files in the tarball at

	http://www.tcpdump.org/release/libpcap-1.1.1.tar.gz

(i.e., the source *is* the documentation).

What sort of "AAL2 packets" do you get from the card driver?  Does it just pass you raw ATM cells, or does it pass you CPS packets?

I'm assuming from "RLC/MAC frames" that this is LTE traffic.  Is that the case?