Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 34186: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/: column-

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:55:04 +0200
On 23 sep 2010, at 09:37, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:56 PM,  <sake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Log:
>>  When using a custom column, make it possible to select which occurrence to show if the field has multiple occurrences.
>
> Very nice feature Sake!

Thanks!  I thought so too :-)

> I have some small issues:
>
> 1.  When showing all occurrences and turning off "Show Resolved" (on
> an entry which is resolved) nothing is displayed (e.g. ip.proto on an
> icmp package).  The correct would be to display all values.

I will look into this...

> 2. When entering a big number in "Field occurrence" we get an
> overflow.  Maybe we should limit this value to a decent maximum?

No problem, how does 250 sound as a limit?

>  I want to be able to set this value from the heading popup menu.

That would be great indeed. Maybe you should wait a bit. I have the idea to add the option to chose the character to aggregate values with (it now uses a comma, which does not look nice when showing all ip.addr for instance). Do you think that's useful too?

Cheers,

Sake