Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Encapsulated IP

From: Ronald Howe <rhowe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:24:47 -0700
I understand that there is no guarantee. All I really want to do is change the display for source and destination not change anything to do with the packet.
The packet is a UDP which gets haded to my dissector with some information from our protocol. I use that then tvb_new_subset and call_dissector to hand the encapsulated IP.
before I call call_dissector the Displayed source and destination is correct. when it returns it is updated to the encapsulated source and destination but the whole packet is decoded at that point.
all I wanted to do was to change the display back to the original IP information. But if I understand you correctly this is not prudent because it will have unknown affects on the other packets?

Message: 11