Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Use val_to_str_ext() & friends to access sminmpec_values[]

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:00:44 -0400
Anders Broman wrote:
Hi,
Is the script "fixed" to fill out any "holes" in the list with "unasigned"?
That would be the most efficent use...
Regards
Anders

I haven't changed the script yet, but it's obviously simple to do.

I'll take care of it, but first a question:

If I do this, match_strval() against the sminmpec list will no longer return NULL for a "missing" entry (other than "past the end").

AKAIKT no existing Wireshark code cares about this for sminmpec so it seems to me OK to 'fill out the "holes"' in this case.

Does anyone feel differently  ?

Bill