Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 34073: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: main

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 13:29:49 -0600
This change removed the default of on for a ring buffer when using
multiple files.  It also changed the default snaplen from 1 to the
maximum size of 65k if the "limit each packet to" box is checked in
capture options.  Both of these values were defined as such by
capture_opts_init(), but then overriden with new values right after that
call in gtk/main.c

If anyone thinks we should put these defaults back, we can change them
in capture_opts_init() in /capture_opts.c.  This change does have a
visual effect showing what defaults are being used even when they're
grayed out in the capture options dialog.  But the reason I did it was
because a user was having to specify -b files:0 on the command line to
stop the default behavior of using a ring buffer with multiple files (to
make it unlimited).  The files:0 option worked, but the capture options
dialog still showed the default lowest value if it's turned on of 2,
causing confusion.  Thus I also changed the option to be rejected if
files is set to 0.