Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Defragmenting non-tcp streams

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 04:05:14 -0800
On Jan 7, 2010, at 3:45 AM, paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Well, I am reassembling the packets in a burst transfer, but first of all
> I have to reassemble the bytes in the USB transfer which is just a byte
> stream.

OK, so those (reassembling the bytes in the USB transfer, and reassembling the packets in a burst transfer) should be done as separate levels of reassembly.  (I speak here from experience, having fixed the TDS dissector in a similar fashion a while ago; it also deals with two layers of reassembly, which it originally tried doing at one level - that had a number of bugs, fixed by doing the two layers separately.)

At the "ANT running atop USB" layer, how do you get the packet boundaries?