Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TCP Packet Re-Assembly regression?

From: didier <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 00:47:46 +0200
Hi,
Le mercredi 23 septembre 2009 ᅵ 21:16 +0100, Robert Hogan a ᅵcrit :
> On Wednesday 23 September 2009 20:09:32 Stephen Fisher wrote:
> > On Sep 23, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Robert Hogan wrote:
> > > Has there been a change to the packet re-assembly logic since
> > > 20/08/09?
> >
> > Are you using dissect_tcp_pdus()?  The file containing that function,
> > packet-tcp.c, has had a few changes since then:
> >
> > http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/epan/dissectors/packet-tcp.c?v
> >iew=log
> >
> > Can you explain what the problem is that you're having?
It's the
if (tree) { the whole stuff } in packet-telnet.c
We'll see a lot of bugs like this one because now tree is null in
cf_read.

I think you can reproduce the bug in the old version by disabling color
and get the new version working by using a filter like 'tcp' and
reloading the file (CTRL R).

We may have to re-enable tree in cf_read, there's too many bugs like
this one.

Didier