Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Time for a new development release?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:49:13 +0200
Hi,

On 24 jul 2009, at 11:33, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jaap Keuter schrieb:
Hi,

What's wrong with 1.2.1?

Hi!

AFAIK, e.g. the following PROFINET stuff that is not part of it:

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=29150
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=28932

I haven't checked, but I'm sure they are not if you say so.

And as they are not bugfixes but extensions, they shouldn't be
backported to the release branch?

That is correct as well.

Last time I heard about it, the idea was to have a development version
every few months (1.1.3 is from march) to make "experimental stuff"
available to the public.

Indeed, but is there enough already to do that after only a single month after release.

Just what I asked for ;-)

I was under the impression you replaced the profinet one by your own for internal use. That wouldn't need a development release. Now it's clear you need the open source version, so indeed a development release would do the trick.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Regards, ULFL

Thanx,
Jaap