Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark fails when I build it

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:22:02 +0100
Brian Oleksa wrote:
I was wondering if somebody can give me a hand here...????

I can verify the tools, I can run setup.....but when I build...I am
getting the following error:

        "C:\Python26\python.exe" rdps.py print.ps ps.c
        rm -f svnversion.h
        perl make-version.pl
Version configuration file version.conf not found.  Using defaults.
This is a build from SVN (or a SVN snapshot).
      5 [main] perl 276 child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed, 0xBD2000.
.0xBD2370, done 0, windows pid 276, Win32 error 487

I tried this work around...but it still fails.
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200804/msg00088.html

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

I think your build environment is messed up somewhere involving perl.  I think you need to go back to the beginning and re-create your build environment exactly as described in the developers guide.  When you can build successfully with win32, then you can go on to the x64 build.  I've never needed any of these "fixes" to the build environment, but then I run a vanilla English Vista x64 system.

Note that you can't just compile the win32, then the x64 versions without cleaning up all the objects produced for the other machine type.  You need to run "nmake -f Makefile.nmake distclean" in between build attempts of different machine types.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice