Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] win 64 wireshark build

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:59:34 +0100
Brian Oleksa wrote:
Here is my config.nmake file.

I do not have a WIRESHARK_TARGET_PLATFORM variable to change.....just
PLATFORM with I did change to win64.

Thanks,
Brian
*
MY config.nmake file: ... When I change platform to win64...I did pick
up the win64 libs.....but it stil doesn't work....any suggestions..??*

# $Id: config.nmake 26553 2008-10-25 14:33:34Z wmeier $

# Some more informations about the settings in this file, can be found
# in the file README.win32 and the Developer's Guide (available online).

##### Target platform #####
# Only "win32" is valid (for now).
# This can be defined in the system environment.
!IFNDEF PLATFORM
PLATFORM=win64
!ENDIF

##### Versions #####

# The current Wireshark version
# It's highly recommended to leave MAJOR/MINOR/MICRO unchanged
VERSION_MAJOR=1
VERSION_MINOR=1
VERSION_MICRO=2
VERSION_BUILD=26844
# It's recommended to change VERSION_EXTRA for your own custom builds
# e.g. "-SVN-12345"
VERSION_EXTRA=-SVN-26844

Your reply shows you using an older version of the wireshark sources (1.1).  I don't know when building the x64 version became viable, but the latest sources have a WIRESHARK_TARGET_PLATFORM define to change as required.  Maybe you need to update your source files.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice