Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to reassemble split TCP Packets - to grouptogether with

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:28:50 -0600
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:14:20PM +0100, Tamas Somogyi wrote:

> I'd like to fill the info column with a complete description on all
> the contained messages.

What about using a conversation to store data for the entire session?
For example, the (r)exec dissector that I wrote a while back displays
the username and program being run (both can be enabled or disabled with
only the username on by default) in the info column of every packet of
the session, so you can tell which packet belongs to which user's
session.

Steve