Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem building wireshark-1.2.0 (and wireshark-1.0.8) when

From: Mark Ryden <markryde@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:29:50 +0300
Hello,
 Thanks for you response.
>Wow.  If that really means PCRE 4.5, that's a *really* >old version;
>the current version is 7.9:

This is the version which came with the machine, which is Red Hat
Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant).
There should be a 7 years period for  RHEL distros.
Moreover, trying :
rpm -e pcre
gives to much dependencies. So it is a problem to upgrade.

answers:

1) pkg-config --list-all | egrep pcre"
returns nothing.

2) man pcreapi first screen is:

PCRE(3)
         PCRE(3)

NAME
       PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions

SYNOPSIS OF PCRE API

       #include <pcre.h>

       pcre *pcre_compile(const char *pattern, int options,
            const char **errptr, int *erroffset,
            const unsigned char *tableptr);

       pcre_extra *pcre_study(const pcre *code, int options,
            const char **errptr);

       int pcre_exec(const pcre *code, const pcre_extra *extra,
            const char *subject, int length, int startoffset,
            int options, int *ovector, int ovecsize);

       int pcre_copy_named_substring(const pcre *code,
            const char *subject, int *ovector,
            int stringcount, const char *stringname,
            char *buffer, int buffersize);

       int pcre_copy_substring(const char *subject, int *ovector,
            int

rgs,
Mark