Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 29005: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:46:35 +0200
Hello Gerald,

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 12:28:57AM +0000, gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=29005
>
> User: gerald
> Date: 2009/07/07 05:28 PM
>
> Log:
>  Fix several dissector assertions.
>
> Directory: /trunk/epan/dissectors/
>   Changes    Path             Action
>   +25 -20    packet-glbp.c    Modified

The idea of doing that lastoffset = offset ... stuff was, that I am reverse
engineering the protocol and I wanted to be able to safely resume dissection
if one element was not of the format that I expected it to have, e.g. have
some trailing information. Was there a specific reason to remove that
behaviour?

Thanks
      Joerg