Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 28955: /trunk/epan/dfilter/ /trunk/e

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:28:23 -0700

On Jul 7, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

Yes.

(Actually, the ANSI C standard doesn't mandate that a null pointer have all its bits zero, so there's no guarantee that, for example, memset(xxx, 0, yyy) will set pointers to null.

However, null pointers are implemented, on all platforms on which we run, as pointers with all their bits zero, so, in practice, memset (xxx, 0, yyy) *will* set pointers to null on all those platforms.)