Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Is there HOWTO/sample for plugins/Custom.* files

From: Daryl Straszheim <phonegeakaz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:31:28 -0700 (PDT)
We had written a set of private plugin dissectors under wireshark-1.0.4.tar.gz
We had patched the top level makefiles to add our plugin directories to the different lists.
Now we're trying to upgrade the code base to wireshark-1.2.0.tar.gz.

I see in several of the files references to include diferent "Custom.*" files that then add entries the the base lists,

./Makefile.am:-include plugins/Custom.make
./configure.in:sinclude(plugins/Custom.m4) dnl
./epan/Makefile.am:-include ../plugins/Custom.make
./epan/dissectors/Custom.nmake:## $Id: Custom.nmake 26783 2008-11-15 15:44:56Z etxrab $
./epan/dissectors/Makefile.am:  Custom.nmake            \
./epan/dissectors/Makefile.nmake:include Custom.nmake
./plugins/Makefile.am:-include Custom.make
./plugins/Makefile.nmake:       if exist Custom.nmake $(MAKE) /$(MAKEFLAGS) -f Custom.nmake $(PLUGIN_TARGET)
./plugins/Makefile.nmake:       if exist Custom.nmake $(MAKE) /$(MAKEFLAGS) -f Custom.nmake install-plugins

There is the one epan/dissectors/Custom.nmake but I don't see any examples plugins/Custom.make or plugins/Custom.m4.

Are the plugins/Custom.* files the preferred way to add additional plugins or do we still update the other files?
Is there documentation (README/Wiki) for the Custom.* files?