Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 27500: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:38:29 +0100
Hi,

It is of little use to keep single file dissectors as plugins. Also little or no development is going into these. In order to cut down the number of plugins these are incorporated into the build in collection.
What is left is:
1. gryphon, as the most senior plugin providing an example for new developers.
   It is referenced in doc/README.plugins.
2. Multiple file dissector plugins (like profinet) are left as they are, since
   the explicit collection of relevant source files has its pros.

Thanx,
Jaap

Ulf Lamping wrote:
jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb: