Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] While capturing, recvfrom: Bad address

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:36:33 -0700

On Aug 23, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

Does it happen if you capture with tcpdump?

...with "tcpdump -s 0 -w /tmp/capturefile", to be precise, to duplicate dumpcap's use of libpcap (dumpcap is run by Wireshark to do packet capture) and to avoid mixing printed output with error messages.

It almost certainly *will* happen with tcpdump; as indicated, the error comes from libpcap, used both by dumpcap and tcpdump.