Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Installing Plugin on an existing Wireshark installation

From: "Chirag Lathia" <chirag.lathia@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:59:09 -0700
Hi list,

I have written my own dissector for a protocol in the epan/dissector folder. It compiles, runs, installs well. Now, I want to give it to a my colleagues who refrain from installing Wireshark all over again. Is there any way I can compile my dissector code and create an installer which will simply install my dissector as a plugin on an existing Wireshark installation.

I read various Wireshark Developer manuals on the website as well as the READMEs, but all of them only had information on how to build the plugin "along with" the source.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

~Chirag.