Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] bogus directory on OSX buildbot?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:27:37 -0700

On Aug 5, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

The OSX buildbot is getting these errors while running 'configure':

checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 196608
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -p output from gcc object... rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory
rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory
rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory
rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory

Does something need to be cleaned up?

Yes. Apple's scheme for doing DWARF debug symbols (introduced in Leopard) needs to be cleaned up, or GNU autoconf needs to be cleaned up to cope with the .dSYM crap. :-)

Just ignore that noise; it's not preventing builds, it's just putting out extra crap in the output of the configure script.