Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Field reg

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:56:23 -0400

Martin Corraine (mcorrain) wrote:
Hello all,
I'm working on a proprietary protocol that is very extensive. It has some fields that need to be registered in hf_register_info hf[]. Is there a limit to this array?

There's no limit; so far the dissector with the most entries is:

chopin [~/Projects/wireshark/source/]> egrep -c 'int hf_.*= -1' epan/dissectors/packet-rrc.c 6756