Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] lost debugging symbols in off tree build on leopard

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:41:24 +0200
I got a new Mac, new processor family (much hotter), new OS version,
new checkout... Same configure options I used to use.

It builds OK.

But, as I launch gdb for wireshark, I get plenty of these warnings :

warning: Could not find object file
"/Users/lego/ws_trunk/build/epan/.libs/libwireshark.lax/libdfilter.a/libdfilter_la-drange.o"
- no debug information available for "../../../epan/dfilter/drange.c".

One for almost each .o (few objects are findable). That turns out make
me not to be able to inspect frames for functions defined in most of
the source (I see them like those for built in libs).

I guess this is because we delete or rename this object files during
the build process.

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone has a workarround for this?

Thanks,

\Lego

-- Marshall McLuhan