Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Out of Memory issue

From: didier <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 00:43:13 +0200
Hi,
Le vendredi 25 juillet 2008 ᅵ 15:23 -0700, Kumar, Hemant a ᅵcrit :
> Even if I comment  as shown below and add a simple printf statement it
> fails but if I just keep the first line ep_alloc() and comment
> everything
>
> With no printf addition then it works.:--
>                   if (check_col(pinfo->cinfo,COL_INFO))
>
>                   {
>                       temp_str = ep_alloc(STRING_BUFFER);
>
>                      printf( "[%s] %s ", message->direction,
> message->message_type);
>
>          //           g_snprintf( temp_str, sizeof(temp_str), "[%s] %s
> ", message->direction, message->message_type);
>
>          //          col_add_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO, temp_str);

How many time is your function called? Odds are your bug is elsewhere
anyway, some kind of memory corruption, double check your memory
allocations, there's a least one bug in your code above: sizeof(temp_str) is
4 or 8 not STRING_BUFFER, maybe you did the same mistake elsewhere and smashed the stack, heap, whatever.

Didier