Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Getting rid of proto_tree_add_*_hidden()

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:20:47 +0200
Jeff Morriss schrieb:
I ran checkAPIs on the dissectors today and was amazed at how few warnings came out. :-)

One of the things I noticed was there were no warnings about dissectors using the proto_tree_add_*_hidden() functions. I just cleaned up a couple spots the tool missed and Wireshark now compiles fine without those functions.

Any reason not to remove them (and may they RIP)? The only risk I see is that private dissectors/plugins may still use the functions but I'm comfortable with that.
As far as I'm concerned, just go ahead!

We have a stable 1.0 branch where private dissectors can remain for now and I see no reason to limit us here on the dev branch!

Regards, ULFL