Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] old wiretap-0.3.1.dll in Wireshark 1.0.2 win32 installer

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:31:12 -0400

Wireshark 1.0.2 is a maintenance release of 1.0.0--it is basically 1.0.0 plus some number of bug fixes (no enhancements and no new features). See:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/ReleaseNumbers

for more info.

Basically rev 25123 should be in the next non-1.0 release (e.g., 1.2).

Rolf Fiedler wrote:
Hello,

some time ago (April 30th) I made some changes to our wiretap module
(eyesdn). The SVN revision this change was committed with is r25123.

Wireshark 1.0.2 uses svn revision 25698, but does still include the old
wiretap code (giving me an error message for the extended format trace
files, which has been removed from the code in 25123).

Is this a build problem or is wiretap kept in the old version intentionally?
Thanks & kind regards,
Rolf