Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Using ptvcursor in a Plugin

From: "DeRosa, Anthony" <Anthony.DeRosa@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:39:19 -0400
Great, thanks Guy for making the changes to the main branch.

The reason I was a little confused is because I thought my plugin.dll
was linking against a static library (libwireshark.lib).  So my
reasoning was that my plugin should work with any release, even those
that didn't export the API, because my plugin was linking against a
*static* library.  I now realize that the plugin links against the
libwireshark DLL (the linker uses the libwireshark.lib to locate symbols
that are exported in libwireshark DLL).  Like I said, I am not a Windows
developer, but that's what I'm set up to use for now.

Thanks,

Anthony