Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bug 2581 - Filter autocompletion

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:52:55 +0400
Hi Martin,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Martin Mathieson
<martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Abhik,
>
> Its a very nice feature that I wish I or someone else had written years ago
> :)
Indeed... it is a very welcome addition.

> Its working in my Linux and Windows builds (I commited it using my Linux
> client, which shows that I didn't miss out any files needed by Windows.  I
> did run 'nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup' before building under Windows).  All
> you should need to do is type e.g. "sip." in the main display filter and the
> popup should appear.
Yup... I made sure it was built correctly, but I figured out the
problem (incorrect user expectation). I thought the popup would appear
as soon as I started typing, so if, for example, I typed "s", all
protocol names starting with "s" would appear and so on and I didn't
wait to put "protoname.". It works as designed. Sorry for the noise!

Regards,
Abhik.