Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector Registration Query

From: "Kumar, Hemant" <kumarh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:11:25 -0700

Hello All

I just wanted to know whether we can register our plugin dissector with Multiple protocols.

Basically my dissector should be able to dissect both UDP  and TCP packet payload.

I am implementing it as a Heuristic dissector  by :--

heur_dissector_add("tcp", dissect_mprotocol, proto_myprotocol);

If I add a line  heur_dissector_add("udp", dissect_mprotocol, proto_myprotocol);

Then will it work fine. If it does works then , once UDP and TCP throws the payload to my dissector

For dissection how I can confirm whether it is UDP or TCP based traffic once inside the main dissector

Function in the plugin .

Hoping to get a quick response on this.

Thanks a lot!!

Hemant