Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-users] tshark and /tmp/etherXXXX files

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 04:31:14 +0200
I guess these are very large files. Most people wouldn't bother if they weren't.

So I guess you are doing long running captures and periodically tshark
crashes http://wiki.wireshark.org/KnownBugs/OutOfMemory .

You could "wrap" tshark in a script that cleans behind those files.

A Developer wonders if we can set a call back for when g_malloc() fails?