Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Patch to Wireshark for RTPS packet dissector

From: Fabrizio Bertocci <fabrizio@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:03:37 -0700
All,,
In the last years at RTI we have been working a lot on the RTPS packet dissector distributed with Wireshark.
The original RTPS (Real-Time Publish/Subscribe) packet dissector was developed by some students in some University as a collaboration project with our company, but it hasn't been updated for a long time.

I would like to submit the changes we made to the community. About this I need an advise about the best way to do that.

Here is a summary of changes I made to Wireshark:
- The RTPS packet dissector has been rewritten from scratch to dissect RTPS 1.0 - 1.2 packets (the RTPS packet dissector shipped with wireshark can dissect only part of RTPS 1.0 packets). Files modified:
    - epan/dissectors/packet-rtps.h
    - epan/dissectors/packet-rtps.c

- Added another packet dissector (rtps2) to dissect RTPS 2.x packets. Files modified:
    - epan/dissectors/Makefile.common
  Files added:
    - epan/dissectors/packet-rtps2.h
    - epan/dissectors/packet-rtps2.c

- Added a column to wireshark ("%Gu") to give the option to show the RTPS GUID prefix in the packet table. Files changed:
    - epan/column_info.h
    - epan/column.c
    - epan/column_utils.c
    - epan/packet.c
    - epan/packet_info.h

Should I send the .diff files (for the individual files changed) to this mailing list, what about the new files?

Regards,
Fabrizio Bertocci
Real-Time Innovations