Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] cast increases required alignment of target type in packet-d

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:24:22 +0200
I think the cast to void* is OK.

the GArray is created given sizeof(struct contained_t) so it is going
to mallocate a block of N*sizeof(struct contained_t) and the very
first struct contained_t will be aligned o the base of the block given
by malloc (a void*), taking into account that compilers are supposed
to size structs into valid pointer boundaries, my guess is that every
struct contained_t in the GArray will be propperly aligned.