Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] INET6_ADDRSTRLEN redefinition

From: John Sullivan <jsethdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:16:42 +0100
On Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 5:47:45 PM, Yunfan (Andy) Ying wrote:
> #ifndef _WIN32
> #define INET6_ADDRSTRLEN   46
> #endif

It's probably better to directly #ifndef INET6_ADDRSTRLEN rather than
assume that symbol will always be available alongside _WIN32. (The VS6
built-in headers have all the other IPv6 defs except this one.)

Incidentally:

http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChBuildInstallWinBuild.html :

    2.7. Building from source under Windows

    It is recommended to use the binary installer for Windows, until you
    want to start developing Wireshark on the Windows platform.

    For further information how to build Wireshark for Windows from the
    sources, have a look at the Development Wiki:
    http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development for the latest available
    development documentation.

That's the entire text of that section.

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development :

    Win32: the Developer's Guide is currently invaluable for setting
    up a Win32 development environment

John
--
Dead stars still burn