Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] plugin

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:18:44 +0200
Hi,

Please specify "doesn't work". Does it get loaded (see about wireshark, plugin tabs), doesn't it get called for frames you expect, does it crash, or something else? Is there a platform difference between the WS version you have installed and the plugin build? Is the CRT compatible?

Stuff like that makes M$-Win development so exiting, and that's why I stick to GNU/Linux, because it gives you just enough rope to hang yourself (M.S.) ;).

Thanx,
Jaap

Martin Corraine (mcorrain) wrote:
Hello Jaap,

I built version 1.0.1 on win32 and have generated my plugin .dll. If I
understand you correctly, I should be able to put this file in the
"program files/wireshark/plugins/1.0.1" folder. This, however, doesn't
work. What am I failing to do?

Thanks,
martin