Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector submitted

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:00:53 +0400
Hi Martin,

I see Jaap has posted some comments about the dissector "patch".

After you have fixed that, if you are sure that you will change the
code in the very near future, you can just put a note in the bug
saying that the current patch should not be committed as you are
working on a reworked one. Someone might still look at the existing
patch and point out something which was seriously wrong. When you
upload that patch you will have the option of marking the current one
obsolete.

Or, you could continue reworking the dissector while you wait for this
one to be committed. If the current patch is not committed by the time
you have reworked the dissector  (and that can happen), you can follow
the above procedure. If the bug is closed by then, you should ideally
open a new one.

Best regards,
Abhik.