Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build-in

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 20:30:45 +0200
Hi,

If your dissector is a single dissector file, possibly with include file, it might be better to include in libwireshask. Therefore you'll need to move your dissector to epan/dissectors and add it's name to epan/dissectors/Makefile.common. Just like README.developers tells you. The extra stuff described in README.plugins can be omitted.

Thanx,
Jaap

Basically

Martin Corraine (mcorrain) wrote:
Hello,
I'm nearly ready to submit my first dissector. Currently, I have the dissector set up as a plug-in. However, after reading I've found out that the community usually prefers a build-in dissector. How do I go about making this change?