Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] col_set_str not working from plugin ?? bug 1967

From: "Gilles Dufour (gdufour)" <gdufour@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:25:14 +0200
Hi,

I used to do this a few years ago, but I might be a bit rusty :)

I have a plugin/dll dissector that I created and it works fine except I never get the column text to be modified.
Whatever the column.
I tried many different commands (you will see it in the code below).
Even tried to create my own col_set_str - called mcol_set_str

I'm just clueless and would appreciate some help.

The protocol runs on top of UDP.  Again everything else works so I know the dissector is correctly called.

gboolean dissect_ace_hb (tvbuff_t *tvb, packet_info *pinfo, proto_tree *tree)
{
    proto_item *ti;
    proto_tree *ace_tree;
    int offset;

 // col_set_writable(pinfo->cinfo, TRUE);
 if (check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL)){
  col_clear(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL);
  col_set_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL, "ACE-HB");
  //mcol_set_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL, "ACE-HB");
  //col_add_fstr(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO,"%s","ACE-HB");
 }

 /* Clear out the Info column. */
 if (check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO))
  col_clear(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO);
I found a bug that is an exact match of my problem

Thanks,

Gilles.