Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Query on Field Registration

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 00:36:19 +0400
Isn't _something_ like what you want already present. I agree it is
not _exactly_ the same, but it is very similar. Taking your example of
the TCP protocol:
- Select any frame.
- In the Packet Details pane
 - click + to expand the TCP protocol
 - click + to expand the Flags.
- Select a flag of your choice (e.g. SYN)
- Right-click and choose "Prepare a filter > Selected", and
""tcp.flags.syn == X" appears in the display filter field!

Regards,
Abhik.