Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Adding New Capture Hardware

From: Robert Tagliarini <bob.tag@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:05:24 -0400
What is involved in adding a new hardware capture device?

I see that Wireshark has dissectors for 802.15.4.  I have a device from which
802.15.4 frames can be obtained via an rs232 interface.  I would like to feed
those frames to the dissectors in wireshark.  I've been browsing this list,
the wiki, and various pcap/winpcap resources but the recipe I seek eludes me.

Thank you,
BobTag