Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New Wireshark welcome page!

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:47:09 +0200
Michael Tüxen schrieb:
and what I missed:

Put 'Capture Options' on top of 'Interface List' like
'Open' is on top of the recent file list.
IMHO 'Capture Options' is a really cluttered and hard to understand dialog - which provides options that most users just don't need.

I hesitate to put the most complicated dialog right to the top.
Maybe we
should have a bold item 'Recent Files' or so
I've tried, it looks ugly.
get the left most and middle column structured the same way.
The left most and middle column in fact *are* already structured the same way.

First you'll have an item that opens a dialog to choose capture interface / file to open/capture - easiest way to Capture / File as the topic suggests.
Second you'll have a list of previously selected stuff.
Then more detailed stuff follows.

Regards, ULFL