Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New Wireshark welcome page!

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:21:40 +0200
Jaap Keuter schrieb:
Hi,

Carefull here. You suggest to prune the list if captures aren't found. What happens when captures are on a network share you forgot to mount?
Or even more likely, your Notebook is simply not connected to the/any network :-)
Then your list would be gone, while you did not intend to have them pruned.
Yes, there's also a related (much older) comment in main_menu.c that we should not simply get rid of a recent file entry just because the file is currently not available - for the exact same reason.

Regards, ULFL